Baby Names, Baby Freebies, Coupons & Offers, &
Parenting and Baby Information
April 27, 2001, Issue 22
Teri Hanson, Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
By subscription only! Welcome to your next issue of
You are receiving this newsletter because you requested a subscription. Unsubscribe instructions are at the end of this newsletter. We value our subscribers and respect your right to privacy; therefore, our subscriber list is not made available to anyone.
IN THIS ISSUE
=> Sponsorship Notice
=> Our Friends
=> This Week’s Freebies, Deals and Fun
=> Feature Article: “Board Games For Preschoolers”
=> How to Be Featured as our Guest Columnist
=> Subscribe/Unsubscribe information
Welcome all new subscribers to the BabyChatter Ezine! For those of you who have been around awhile, thank you for being a member of our free newsletter.
Check out our reading room if you haven’t done so. You’ll find really good articles on parenting and pregnancy.
You may view all archived ezine publications of the BabyChatter Ezine at: https://www.babychatter.com/ezine.html
This one is HOT! Check it out!
Save for college for your child for free! This excellent site helps you prepare for college by getting you started with a FREE and easy college savings program. Sign up now for free and be entered to WIN a FREE college scholarship!
If you would like your site listed here, our advertising rates can be found at: https://www.babychatter.com/ezine.html
Mommysavers.com is a site created by real moms who want the best for their kids, but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg to get it. We’ll tell you how to stretch your grocery budget, find that perfect work-at-home-job, or quit your job and stay home with your kids. Other features include: Fun stuff for kids, freebies, frugal recipes, real mom profiles, and the best deals on the internet.
Freebies for Babies – Baby freebies, samples and coupons for diapers, baby formula, baby food, parenting software and free gift certificates and baby related contests. Subscribe to the free newsletter at:
FREEBIES, DEALS AND FUN
Want more free stuff? Subscribe to this newsletter and get a bunch freebies delivered to your email box!
Join ClubMom today for FREE and get your six-week recipe for family bonding and a chance to win a $5,000 Family Vacation!
Bargain Dog! Bargain Dog is a FREE customized e-mail newsletter that keeps subscribers updated on sales, clearances and great deals at leading online merchants. Sign up now and never miss out on a bargain again!
Free Diaper Rash Ointment!
If you want these free magazines, get them quick, I hear they will be no longer available very soon. The Working Woman magazine is already gone.
Get a free subscription to PARENTS Magazine from ClubMom (no strings attached)! Just follow the link below:
Get a free subscription to CHILD Magazine from ClubMom (no strings attached)! Just follow the link below:
Dry, boring science? Not on MY watch, mister! Read about Cartoon Research, Biodegradable Cars and Pet Cloning when you subscribe to Space-Guy Science (a daily mailing). The entire Space-Guy family of newsletters is free, FUNNY, and available at www.Space-Guy.com for your reading pleasure.
Spice up your day with something free. Find out about getting something for nothing. Daily News on what you can win, get for free, or just plain interesting sites found on the WWW. All Subscriber are enter in a $50 gift certificate Giveaway each month. Subscribe at
Board Games For Preschoolers
By Heidi Hoff
Many of us have tattered boxes of board games from our childhoods in the attic waiting for the day when our children are old enough to play. I have a vintage Trouble game from the 70’s that I play with my four-year-old daughter, even though the bubble is coated on the inside with twenty years worth of dust, making it hard to tell if she’s just popped a 5 or a 6. This past Christmas Santa brought Emily a few board games and she plays them with enjoyment. Our family is now addicted, and before heading out to the toy store to add to her collection I did a bit of research to find out some of the best board games for preschoolers:
1. Goodnight Moon Game by Briarpatch: If the book is in your child’s library then the board game will be popular too. It is a memory and matching game that doesn’t require the players to recognize letters or numbers. In this game, everybody wins so if your Suzy isn’t a very gracious loser then the Goodnight Moon Game will suffice until she learns how to accept defeat. For ages 3-6 years.
2. Maisy’s Counting Game by Briarpatch: Focuses on learning how to count by matching puzzle pieces. This game can be adjusted according to age and skill level and can be played three different ways. It won the Parents Magazine award in 1997. For ages 3-6 years.
3. Franklin Goes to School – The Game by Pressman: This game has a wide age range making it possible for siblings to play together. The questions are divided into age appropriate categories and also touch on basic social values. Various skills such as spelling, observation and counting are focused on. For ages 3-8 years.
4. I Spy Preschool Game by Briarpatch: Good value for your money as this game can be played five different ways. It is a visual matching game that requires the players to find clues through rhyming and visual discrimination. It won the Parents Magazine Award in 1998 and Parents’ Choice Approved 1998. For ages 3-6 years.
5. Colorforms Silly Faces Preschool Game by University Games: A fun, goofy game with no pressure of cards or dice to play. Spin and add the feature that you land on to your blank face and watch the silliness appear! The first person to complete a face wins. A great game for children to play on their own while the siblings are in school. For ages 3-7 years.
6. Mouse Trap by Milton Bradley: When your preschooler reaches the age when they’re tooold for some games and too young for others, Mouse Trap seems to work as a good transitional game. My daughter doesn’t exactly stick to the rules and instead rushes through the building process because she finds the end result so fascinating. I just view it as a great introduction to the world of physics! Ages 6+ years.
7. Memory Games: I’ve always loved the “match the picture” type of memory games and there are several on the market to choose from. Here are some of the more popular ones:
Original Memory Game by Milton Bradley
Pooh Memory Game by Hasbro
Barney Memory Game by Milton Bradley
Mickey and Friends Memory Game by Hasbro
I Spy Memory Game by Briarpatch
Arthur Memory Game by Milton Bradley
Busy Train Memory Game by Living and Learning
Maisy’s Memory Game by Briarpatch
Pokemon Memory Game by Hasbro
Your may already have a collection of games that your family likes to gather around the table to play. Perhaps you also have a few classics lurking in the back of your closet. The best thing about games is the way they bring families together. Why not start a tradition and have a game night once a week, starting tonight!
Editor, Preschool Planet
Subscribe and get “100 Things to
Make From a Cardboard Box” FREE!
If you would like to be a Guest Columnist, please email us: email@example.com
If you would like to recommend a friend to the BabyChatter Ezine, they may subscribe at:
Need a dental plan? Check out DentalHealthPlans.com. Family and Individual plans available, no deductible, no forms, most pre-existing conditions OK! http://www.dentalhealthplans.com
Want to know the gender of your baby? Try out the free Chinese Gender predictor! This is really interesting and fun. I did it for both of my children and it was accurate! Want to know if your baby will be an intellect? A Worrier? Charming? Affectionate?Loyal? A Perfectionist? Find out your baby’s horoscope, as well as birthstones, flowers and ruling planets. This is pretty interesting. Check it out!
Free Coupons from CouponSurfer
DadMag is an excellent site for Dads. Great information for Mom’s too. Check it out!
Do you know what your name means? We do, at You Name It! You Name It offers a truly unique online shopping experience. We offer quality products at great affordable prices. We can make a personalized gift for anyone for any occasion. First names with name meanings, last name histories, family crest and poems on art.
If you would like your site to appear here, please email us for advertising rates at firstname.lastname@example.org
This publication is copyright (c) 2000 BabyChatter.com, White Plains, MD, USA
BabyChatter.com strives for accuracy in its web site and ezine content, material and information. BabyChatter.com or its authors are not responsible for any misprints, incorrect information, typographical errors, misstatements, or omissions in any of the content, material and information provided. BabyChatter will not be responsible for any results achieved from the interpretation or use of such information.
The Subscriber is hereby put on notice that by subscribing and reading the BabyChatter Ezine, they will assume any and all risks in subscribing to the ezine and information contained in this ezine. We will not be held responsible for the promises and claims made by any business not our own.