Creating wall art and décor for your little one’s nursery or bedroom can be fun and economical. You can find inexpensive blank art canvases at any craft store, Walmart, or online. I have been able to find a few art supply stores online that run deals from time to time, and typically have significantly discounted blank canvases.
Pinterest and DIY blogs are filled with tips and tricks on how to paint words onto canvas. From tracing printed fonts with carbon paper to writing the words in chalk first, there are a number of helpful ideas, so you do not have to spend tons of money ordering artwork. If you are looking for ideas for cute and fun sayings to put on a canvas, here is a list of ten popular choices:
1. “Leave a Bit of Sparkle Wherever You Go”
2. “Let Him Sleep, For When He Wakes He Will Move Mountains”
3. “Let Her Sleep, For When She Wakes She Will Move Mountains”
4. “She May Be Little, But She is Fierce”
5. “You are Loved”
6. “Read Me a Story, Tuck Me in Tight, Say a Sweet Prayer, and Kiss Me Goodnight”
7. “Dream Big, Little One”
8. “Oh the Places You Will Go”
9. “Enjoy the Little Things”
10. “You Have My Whole Heart For My Whole Life”
Of course, you can also paint scripture, your favorite quotes, words your mom or dad spoke, or any other saying you find inspirational and fun onto your canvas. Paint is relatively inexpensive and for a few dollars you can complete a piece of wall art that looks professional.
If you have old wood or pallet pieces lying around, you can also use those instead of canvas to create dynamic pieces. Buying gifts for your little one is exciting, but making your child a gift gives them a piece of you; it’s a sentimental way to give them something you created. If you are looking for a fun and inexpensive way to decorate your child’s room, try making a few canvases filled with inspirational and encouraging sayings that speak life and adventure over your little one.
By Holly M.